If you want to see samples of my comics work, head on over to CapsuleZone! If you want to see my graphic design portfolio, just go to Reno Maniquis Graphic Works! Thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

MODERN COMICS MASTER MIKE WIERINGO PASSES AWAY



When I opened Newsarama's website today, I had quite a shock. Mike Wieringo has passed away due apparently to a heart attack. I was dumbfounded and a little choked up. I visit his website everyday, read his daily blog and download the d(almost) daily sketches that he puts up. I didn't know him personally, but because I was following his blog I felt like I had gotten to know him a little bit.

He came off as a very humble, generous and life-loving kind of guy. He was a vegetarian, and he went to the gym regularly. So it really is a shock that he died quite early at the age of 44. I remember him blogging about some back problems he once had, but that's the only health-related problem that he blogged about.

Reading some of his peers' reactions, he was very loved by the comic book community at large. Both by his fellow professionals and fans.

I'll miss reading his blog, and I'll miss looking at his art. Thanks, Mr. Wieringo.

Read more here and here.

You can also check out this great book about him, available from twomorrows.com.

No comments: