If you want to see samples of my comics work, head on over to CapsuleZone! If you want to see my graphic design portfolio, just go to Reno Maniquis Graphic Works! Thanks for dropping by!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Remember my post about the death of Martian Manhunter?

Well, after reading FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM, I have to thank Peter Tomasi, Doug Mahnke and Chritstian Alamy & Rodney Ramos for giving back some dignity to J'onn. The last page with Batman placing an Oreo on J'onn's coffin had me all choked up. I remember reading an old JLI issue where Batman, being the loner that he is, really considers J'onn to be among his closest friends. In that particular issue, he even smiled when J'onn appeared to help him on a case. I guess so many comic fans became familiar with the Martian Manhunter during the JLI days, and it also showed a more "human" side to him.



I have this theory, though. J'onn's funeral was on Mars. And, Grant Morrison, who first wrote about his death, was the grand architect of the miniseries DC ONE MILLION some years back. And I remember J'onn being alive in the year one million, he had merged with the planet Mars itself. If ever there were plans to resurrect J'onn, I can see this becoming a very plausible explanation for his return.

Anyway, for all J'onn J'onzz fans out there, pick up FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM. It's a good enough sendoff to one of the big 7 of the Justice League.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!