If you want to see samples of my comics work, head on over to CapsuleZone! If you want to see my graphic design portfolio, just go to Reno Maniquis Graphic Works! Thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It seems the whole identity of Aklas Isip has spurred a whole lot of discussion among the local komiks people, most notable Dennis Villegas' Pilipino Komiks blog and Gerry Alanguilan's Komikero Journal.

It seems to be that Aklas Isip is either Art Geroche Jr., Art Geroche, or Francine Liberia. Or it may be one or more of them. An Art G. posted here, as well as Francine. I assumed it was Art G. Sr., and it truly is an honor that an artist I admire visited here. If it was his son, then I am also glad for the visit.

Whomever Aklas Isip is, I still stand by my prevoius statements. Please don't judge us artists today, since you son't know any of us personally, let alone our motivations for doing komiks.

I myself love the "old-school" style of art, but I don't condemn the "modern" styles either. We all ahve opinions, but it's another thing to pass judgment.

Here are links to the discussions I mentioned above:

On Reviving The Filipino Komiks Industry (Dennis Villegas)
February 6, 2006 entry on Komikero Comics Journal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TAMA.

Anonymous said...

F B I P R O F I L E R
+ A K L A S I S I P =
C O N S P I R A C Y !