If you want to see samples of my comics work, head on over to CapsuleZone! If you want to see my graphic design portfolio, just go to Reno Maniquis Graphic Works! Thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So, I'm a bit late in reading stuff and just got around to reading the "death of Ryan Choi" recently. I think it was done as both shock value and to garner a strong reaction from comic fans (which it did to great effect).

I didn't follow Ryan Choi's career as the All-New Atom, mostly because I found the Silver-Age Atom Ray Palmer boring as hell (same way I feel about Barry Allen). The only time I found Ray Palmer interesting was when he became a loinclothed hero in Sword of the Atom. But seeing the reactions of people online, I guess Ryan's a much more interesting character than his predecessor.

But, come on. How stupid was Ryan Choi during his last moments, really? You know the most obvious way for a guy like him to avoid getting killed in that instance? Just shrink down to sub-atomic levels and wait for the bad guys to leave. Not a cowardly move, considering he knew he was outclassed. At least he would have lived to fight another day.

No comments: