If you want to see samples of my comics work, head on over to CapsuleZone! If you want to see my graphic design portfolio, just go to Reno Maniquis Graphic Works! Thanks for dropping by!

Monday, October 21, 2002

The recent bombings in Bali, Zamboanga and bus bombing in Metro Manila has affected everyone, whether they care to admit it or not.

I was driving along EDSA going to Pasay Road last Saturday morning and there was a commotion in the underpass. People were running towards the underpass wanting to get a look at what happened. I was driving so I couldn't see anything. Police cars even whizzed past by me.

I later learned that something had detonated there earlier. It was a good thing that it was still too early in the morning that no one got hurt in the blast.

Now, I flinch whenever a bus gets close to me. I fear that it may go off anytime, since buses seem to be the favorite instrument of those who perpetrate these attacks.

Why is it that these terrorists strike out at innocents? What if it was their loved ones who got hurt or killed in one of these attacks? Will they see the error of their ways?

Damn.

No comments: