If you want to see samples of my comics work, head on over to CapsuleZone! If you want to see my graphic design portfolio, just go to Reno Maniquis Graphic Works! Thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, March 03, 2009


A very flattering review and a plug for BONE CHILLER...

In my bored moments I sometimes google my name and see what comes up. That's how I discovered this review for Cold Blooded Chillers #3 from Broken Frontier, which gave me goosebumps when reviewer Dave Baxter said this about my art...

Filipino sensation Reno Maniquis steps in for the mirror-image sister-story "Transcendence", and this guy's work is mainstream slick-and-smooth incredible. Think George Perez meets JG Jones. Maniquis presents a world lush in detail and flawless comic book layouts. He's currently the artist on the book Wall of Angels, and everyone needs to read CBC #3, and then seek out that larger series...

Wow! George Perez meets JG Jones? High praise indeed. Thank you, Mr. Baxter.

You can read the full review here.

And on a very related note, COLD BLOODED CHILLERS: BONE CHILLER is now also available. It's a 140-page anthology penned by Robert M. Heske.  The "Transcendence" short story from CBC #3 is included here, and I've also done spot illustrations for the short film script "Alibi". Other contributing artists include Breno Tamura, Mark Chilcott, Jay Fife, Alain Norte, Dirk Shearer, Adam Swiecki and Preston Asevedo (who also provides the cover). I'll be posting maybe a couple of the "Alibi" illustrations on CapsuleZone pretty soon.

Oh, and there's a trailer, too. Watch it below...


No comments: