If you want to see samples of my comics work, head on over to CapsuleZone! If you want to see my graphic design portfolio, just go to Reno Maniquis Graphic Works! Thanks for dropping by!

Monday, January 21, 2008

I run to work everyday.

Not from the house, of course. That's too far. I take the train (MRT) and disembark at the Ayala station, and then run from there. I really don't know how far my office building is from the train station, but when I first started it took me about 12 to 15 minutes to complete the run. Nowadays, I clock in at about 8 to 10 minutes. the fastest I was able to do was around 6 minutes.

I give the impression to some people that I'm a health buff, and to a small degree I am. But it's more of a "trying to live better" attitude than an "I want a buff physique" one. Although a lean, muscular physique would be nice. Some people think that I possess such a physique, but nothing could be further from the truth. I have a (relatively) flat tummy, but no visible abs, and there's still a bit of love handles peeking from my sides. My arms aren't flabby, but not toned. I'm in pretty good shape, but not good enough, I think.

I used to weigh more than 180 lbs., but according to my height I should be around 150-160lbs. I don't know what prompted me to lose weight, maybe it was because I felt too sluggish, and felt older than my age of 30 (at that time). I started lifting weights, and cut my food intake in half. In 3-4 months, my weight dropped to 140 lbs. When I realized what happened, I got a little panicked. I don't think that's a safe way to lose weight, and started eating more sensibly.

I'd like to think I remedied the situation, and now I'm at an ideal 160 lbs.

What's my point to all this? I guess I'd just like to illustrate that having a healthy body is not impossible. You just have to WANT it. Motivation really is a big factor.

And I guess my body is doing pretty okay. My last few check-ups show no signs of anything wrong. I remember this one time I hooked up with a couple of pals around my age. They were talking about what medications they were taking! I was a bit surprised, since it didn't occur to me that people at my age would have health problems like that.

I remember when I had a photo-shoot recently. I was looking at the takes on the computer monitor when the client walked up to me and poked my chest. "Swimmer?" he said. I replied "Nope. Just weights." I guess I felt a bit flattered, since swimmers' physiques are among the best. So I think for this year, I'll try to shoot for a well-defined physique.

Hey, if Aga Muhlach can do it, I don't see any reason why I can't. :)

No comments: