If you want to see samples of my comics work, head on over to CapsuleZone! If you want to see my graphic design portfolio, just go to Reno Maniquis Graphic Works! Thanks for dropping by!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

TO MY WIFE...

Kuki's birthday is coming up, September 17, to be exact. We've been man & wife for close to 7 years now, been together as a couple four years before that, and have known each other another 2 years prior.

Our relationship is far from perfect... there are good times, there are bad times, there are worse times... but still I'm thankful to be able to share my life with someone so indescribably... perfect to me.

Which makes me go back to this particular story which I've read some years back (heh, you knew the comics thingie would creep in, didn't you?). It was ASTRO CITY 1/2, and I think it's the most beautiful story I've ever read. I guess some people who've read it will agree.

I won't recount the story here, since it's available for download online and I'll leave you readers to read it by yourself. Suffice it to say whenever I read it, I can't help but think of Kuki, and I don't think I can go through life the way the lead character, Michael Tenicek, does once he learns the truth about the woman who haunts his dreams. I definitely would make the same decision he made, but after that it would have been hard to go on living.

It's a real tear-jerker for me, and even as I write this i get all choked-up just remembering the story. You can download it by clicking here.

You too, Tot (That's how I call Kuki). Alam ko tamad ka magbasa, pero just this once pagbigyan mo ako. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to read it...but my computer does not have acrobat reader.

Can you just read it to me later?
...I'm like Jade (our daughter), I love listening to Pop read stories : )