If you want to see samples of my comics work, head on over to CapsuleZone! If you want to see my graphic design portfolio, just go to Reno Maniquis Graphic Works! Thanks for dropping by!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Honoel A.Ibardolaza, a.k.a. HAI, recently posted on his website that his cousin had died. And over on Gerry's blog, I read that artist Vincent Kua Jr. has also passed away. It got me to thinking about my experience with the death of a friend when I was still a kid. I left this message on HAI's feedback section...

"It's really quite a shock when someone passes away, even moreso if that someone is still young. When I was in grade 5, I came home to hear the news that my best buddy (he was our neighbor) had died. I couldn't believe it, and rushed to the community blackboard to read the news myself. As I stood there in front of the board I still couldn't believe it. I rushed immediately to the funeral home beside our church, and saw him lying there in the casket. I still couldn't (or wouldn't) believe it. It was only when his mother came and hugged me did I realize the awful truth. We just stood there for a while, tears streaming from our eyes."

Every year at All Soul's Day, I still say a prayer for Andy (that's his name). I know he's in a better place now, but sometimes I still feel sad that he's gone. Who knows what he could have been by now? He always used to like doing magic tricks, and he was pretty good at it. He could have been a world-famous magician, or maybe something else entirely.

My only regret is that I've lost touch with his family after his death. I think I kind of retreated, not wanting to have any reminder of the loss.

But I still think of you, buddy. I know someday, we'll meet again.

No comments: